Thursday, November 7, 2013

Headboard, Lights, and Table

There have been three projects that have been floating around in my head for a while now. I may begin one or more of them this weekend, but it is Harper's last soccer game and party, and we will have a friend visiting from LA, so we will see how it goes.

I have been itching to make a headboard for our new king size bed. Yes, we have arrived! We now have a huge bed and it's fantastic. Right now, it is on the standard frame feeling unadorned and ignored.  I think we have agreed to do something like the image above, but a teal color.


The dining room table oddly has no lighting. We don't want to do anything permanent that we will have to patch and paint, so I keep coming back to the idea of hanging outdoor bulb lights. I am having a hard time figuring out the space and how to do it. First, I need to buy the lights, then play around with them to see if it looks good.





The last one I have been kicking around since I bought the table on craigslist. It is solid wood and sturdy, but the stain is very red/orange. I leaned towards a dark brown stain, straight up painting it white, and now I am thinking of a gray wash...thoughts? This I have not come to a decision on just yet. Images of the three colors that I think may work are above.

Keep in mind my coffee table isn't planks like the white/grey washed versions. It is very basic, clean lines.

1 comment:

  1. I vote teal headboard first, Mainly because I want to know how hard it is ;)

    ReplyDelete