Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Outdoor Couch

I was driving down the street and saw these on the sidewalk with a free sign...don't mind if I do! Thank you very much. They are metal and in good condition, which mean they will perfect for outdoor use. Yay! I picked them up and took them home.


After the excitement died down, I thought, too bad there isn't a fourth seat...which lead to, why not tie them together and make a couch? They were placed on the front deck, where I stared at them for a few weeks. Then one day we were in home depot, where we are often found lately, and I noticed they had cushions that fit the chair dimensions. A little online browsing and I found a grey option that I liked. HD has free shipping to your home, so it was a good deal all around.

I had done my due diligence and searched cost plus, tj maxx, home goods, etc. and all were more expensive or did not have the deep seat cushion that these require. We also toyed with making our own, but outdoor fabric is very expensive.



This is what we ended up with after the cushions were delivered. I would like to add a detail pillow, but will wait until we move to the pink house and have a better idea of the outdoor set up. We have used it often and love it! Very comfortable. Not to mention an affordable get.



1 comment: