Thursday, December 5, 2013

City.Ballet.

So, I saw this going around and thought, yeah, that sounds pretty awesome. I'm in for watching this. I am a big fan...big, HUGE (a la Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman) of dance. All kinds really, but there is a special place in my heart for ballet. I danced, not well, but the seed was planted in my childhood and it sprouted and continued to grow. I am in awe of those who are talented enough to make it look beautiful. The way you feel like you dance, but not the way you actually look. These ladies and gentlemen really do make it look breathtaking.

It's arduous, painful, requires intense dedication, and a complete submersion of your life and personal time. I have never been passionate like that for anything. I enjoy doing things; painting, dancing, hiking, swimming. But, never have I been so overwhelmed with desire to do anything daily and with such commitment.

I'm currently on the "Relationships" episode. They are about 6 minutes each. Minimal commitment and very interesting.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I am. Although, I find it a bit creepy and intense when they refer to it as "the company". Almost like "the firm" or "the family" (this is a reference for those who are familiar with hippie culture).

No comments:

Post a Comment